National Team: Paracanoe
Hometown: Yarra Valley Victoria
Current place of residence: Gold Coast, QLD
Club: Victorian Sprint Paddlers Inc.
Coach(s): Guy Power
Nickname: AJ, Ratbag
- How did you get into paddling? It all started with a bet with a friend. The Murray Marathon was the challenge set and was completed. Caught the paddling bug from there.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far? The biggest accomplishment so far would be competing at the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
- What keeps you busy outside of Kayaking? When I manage to get home, my farm and family keep me on my toes. Other hobbies are horse riding and getting out on my motorbike, anything outdoors and challenging really. My occupation is an Equine Sports Therapist.
- Who is the greatest Influence on your career? My coach he has always believed in me, even when I have doubted myself.
- How would your best friend describe you? Ohhh dear. Might be safer asking him. I guess a crazy character who is very loveable and honest.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race? Listening to a couple of songs and getting my race number.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on? I enjoy paddling at all the courses, each has its own challenges and beauty. My favourite place to paddle is at my little lake at home where it all started.
- Previous National Teams: National Paracanoe team 2014 to Current.
1st (K1 200) KL3 – ICF World Championships (Racice, CZE)
2nd (K1 200) KL3 – Paralympic Games (Rio, BRA)
2nd (K1 200) KL3 – ICF World Championships (Duisburg, GER)
1st (K1 200) KL3 – ICF World Championships (Milan, ITA)
1st (K1 200) KL3 – Paralympic Test Event (Rio de Janeiro, BRA)
3rd (K1 200 LTA) – ICF World Championships (Moscow, RUS)