- 2020 NSW Canoe Slalom Team Announcement February 27, 20202020 NSW State Team Announcement 2020 NSW Canoe Slalom Team Announcement Congratulations to the athletes who have been selected for the various categories (see attachment) to represent NSW at the respective National and competitions for 2020. Special thanks to the coaches, parents and supporters who have continued to offer support to these athletes who are […]
- 2020 Marathon Rules Released February 25, 2020The NSW Marathon Committee has released the 2020 update of the Marathon Rules. Read Full Rules Here It is strongly advised that you read the complete rules before your first race. Here is a summary of the major changes: A number of clauses have been added to accommodate the new Junior Series. Please note that U/8 […]
- Harbour Series Race 2 : the Pittwater Challenge February 25, 2020Challenge yourself on March 14th to long or short courses with the long course venturing most of the way down Pittwater, while the short course does a shorter loop returning around Scotland Island. More details and maps are available here ENTER NOW, WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
- 2020 Australian Marathon Championships February 21, 2020Entries are open for the 2020 Paddle Australia Canoe Marathon Championships to be held in Geelong, Victoria from 16 to 19 April 2020. Please note the competition has been extended by one day to allow for Short Course races on the Friday morning. Team Leaders – Due to the Short Course races on the Friday the […]
- 12 Towers – Race 1 PQORS February 21, 2020The 12 Towers Paddle Festival will be held between Friday the 6th to Sunday the 8th March and is the first race of the 2020 Paddle Queensland Ocean Racing Series. For more details on the event please click here.
- Paddle Queensland 2020 Ocean Racing Series February 21, 20202011 saw the first ever ocean racing series in Queensland and Northern NSW. The series was a coming together of several established events who joined forces to become part of the then Pacific Ocean Series. In 2019 the series underwent major changes including a new name, new events and new partnerships with Paddle 2 Fitness […]
- INVITATION: PADDLING TRAILS SA LAUNCH February 19, 2020
- Paddle 4 Prostate 2020 register now January 8, 2020
- Paddle SA Annual Awards October 22, 2019Congratulations to all award recipients at last Sunday’s 2019 Paddle SA Annual Awards function. Thanks to Kylie Taylor, CEO, Office for Recreation Sport and Racing and Angela Evans, Mayor City of Charles Sturt, for joining us. And to Libby Robertson on her fantastic job as MC. Senior Athlete of the Year – Flatwater Matt Goble […]
- Whitewater River Rescue 2; April 25-26, 2020 February 14, 2020Whitewater Rescue Level 2 Course April 25-26, 2020, Upper Mersey Paddle Tasmania will conduct a Whitewater River Rescue Course at the Upper Mersey on April 25-26, 2020. The course will commence at 9.00 am at the Slalom Course. This course is suitable for people with some experience in paddling whitewater – Grade 2 and above. […]
- Whitewater River Rescue 1 – February 29, 2020 February 7, 2020Course: This course is aimed at anyone who uses a paddle on moving water (kayaks, packrafts, sit-on-tops) and wants to know the basics about rescuing themselves and others. Being able to fall out of your boat is the only prerequisite! We’ll use the easier rapids above and below the main rapid so it’s not too intimidating. […]
- Taswater Notice: Mikany safety closure January 29, 2020Media Release Mikany Dam 23 January 2020 Media Release Mikany Dam upgrade begins Smithton, Stanley and Irishtown will soon have greater water surety into the future as TasWater commences its Mikany Dam upgrades. The dam, built in 1972, is fed by the Deep and Muckeye Creeks catchment and is the main source of water for […]
- All States Program High Performance Camp, Penrith 28-29 March 2020 February 26, 2020Limited to 16 Paddlers The aim of this camp is to deliver high performance training opportunities and is designed for grade 4 athletes focused on fine tuning their skills on Penrith. There are limited positions for advanced grade 3 paddlers. It will offer focused, high intensity training sessions with experienced coaches. Restricted numbers will allow small group numbers. Target […]
- Financial support to Victorian Sprint athletes February 24, 2020With the generous support of Paddle Australia, Victorian Sprint athletes who have attended GP1 or Vic Champs 2020 will be initiated to receive financial support towards GP2 and Nationals. Round 1 funding (GP1: eligible only to athletes who had attended) Round 2 funding (GP2: eligible only to athletes having competed at GP1 and/or VIC Champs) […]
- 2020 Victorian Marathon Championships February 24, 2020Not long to go until the 2020 Victorian Marathon Championships. This covers the same course as the 2020 Paddle Australia Canoe Marathon Championships, helping you to prepare. Races will be held over two days, 29th February & 1st March 2020. Singles races on Saturday, doubles races on Sunday. You may enter one or both days. […]
- Australian Ocean Racing Team Announcement February 26, 20202020 MAKAI Cup & selection race (MAKAI Paddlers) Paddle Australia has announced the Australian Ocean Racing Team for 2020. The team will compete at the 2020 ICF […]
- Sydney International Whitewater Festival February 26, 2020The 2020 Australian Open and Freestyle National Championships were on last weekend in Penrith as part of the Sydney International Whitewater Festival (21st – 23rd February 2020) Slalom […]
- East Java/Western Australian Sprint Kayak Coaching Agreement January 7, 2020On the 12th December 2019, Paddle WA signed a landmark collaborative agreement with the province of East Java (Indonesia) to provide coaching services to support the […]
- VIDEO: Atomic Arrowz Skinny Water rods February 26, 2020The shorter length is ideal for long treks through the bush, or for kayak fishermen to bring your prey closer without the awkwardness of trying handle a ...
- 'Tragedy Avoided' as Police Helicopter Finds Kayaker Miles From His Boat February 26, 2020According to police, an empty kayak was seen two miles off Auckland's Waiake Beach. Police said conditions weren't great, with 15-20 knot winds and ...