- Marathon Series Race 2, Windsor 26 February 2023 March 3, 2023What an eventful yet very successful day on Sunday. For our band of willing volunteers, the day commenced with a beautiful sunrise promising great weather. The tinny, loaded with all the portage equipment, was off to the boat ramp to launch. This was where the problems began. Once the boat was in the water, it would not […]
- 2023 PaddleNSW Marathon State Championships 11 & 12 March 2023 February 27, 2023State Champs will once again be hosted by Burley Griffin Canoe Club, over two days, with Singles on Saturday and Doubles on Sunday. Saturday 11th March Session 1 – 11:00 – ICF Open, U23, U18 & Masters Portage events Session 2 – 14:00 – General Classes (all ages), Para and Masters ICF (Non-Portage) events Session […]
- Paddling to NZ: Richard Barnes, Blue Moon February 23, 2023The journey of the first solo, unassisted, non-stop kayak crossing of the Tasman Sea. Submtted by Ian Wrenford On Saturday 18 February 2023, Richard Barnes paddled his kayak ‘Blue Moon’ into Riverton/Aparima New Zealand, having paddled some 2000km for the preceding 67 days from Hobart. This adventure marks the first solo, unassisted, non-stop crossing of […]
- Clean Up Australia Day January 30, 2023Sick of seeing masks, plastic bottles and other rubbish in your waterways? What better opportunity to get your club and community together for a Clean Up Paddle than on Clean Up Australia Day – Sunday March 5th. Clean Up Australia Day is a great way to get people along on … Clean Up Australia Day […]
- Up-coming National Events January 19, 2023Paddle Queensland is preparing to assist with the logistics for the up-coming national events. If you are interested in racing the following events:GP2 – PenrithPA Canoe Sprint Championships – PerthOceania & PA Canoe Marathon Championships – GeelongOceania & PA SUP Championships – Geelong Please register your details: Click here The post Up-coming National Events first […]
- 2023 Oceania & Paddle Australia Canoe Marathon & SUP Championships January 17, 2023Entries are now open! 1. Important links Web page Facebook Web page contains all the information about the championships including the first 5 newsletters. Newsletter 1 – Welcome Newsletter 2 – Timetable Newsletter 3 – Registrations. Newsletter 4 – Volunteers Newsletter 5 – Merchandise. The post 2023 Oceania & Paddle Australia Canoe Marathon & SUP […]
- 2022/23 Sprint Regatta Series October 27, 2022Regatta 1 | 22/10/2022 | RESULTS | POINT SCORE Regatta 2 | 5/11/2022 | RESULTS | POINT SCORE Regatta 3 | 26/11/2022 | RESULTS | POINT SCORE GP1 | 9-11/12/2022 | PA EVENT PAGE Regatta 4 | 14/02/2022 State Championships | 29-30/01/2023 Regatta 5 | 12/02/2023 Regatta 6 | 04/03/2022
- PADDLE SA OFFICE: CHRISTMAS CLOSURE December 23, 2021The Paddle SA office will be closed from 5pm on Thursday 23 December, re-opening Monday 10 January. If you need assistance with an urgent matter during this time, please contact EO David Heard, as per details on the PSA website. Merry Christmas to all, and safe paddling into 2022 and beyond.
- Vale Eddie Andriessen December 16, 2021The management and administration team at Paddle SA was deeply saddened to receive the news of the passing of PSA director Eddie Andriessen last weekend. Eddie joined the Board in 2018 and provided valuable input across many areas of our operations. But Eddie’s major contribution, and lasting legacy, was his dedication to the Paddling Trails South Australia […]
- Lea River – Extreme Racing Workshop March 26, 2023What: This course will be aimed primarily at improving your chances of opening a can of whoop ass at the Lea race! We will focus on racing strategy and will analyse each individual rapid to see where we can go faster by using the water and features to our advantage. Who: This course is open to […]
- Extreme Racing Workshop – North Esk March 26, 2023This workshop is aimed at two types of people, but is open to Grade 3 and up paddler (Kayaks and Packrafts). 1. Those who might not be familiar with the North Esk River (White Hills to Corra Lynn race section). You might want to learn about the river and the best way to approach the […]
- Basic Raft Guide Course March 25, 2023This two day course is aimed to provide the foundational skills required to become a Raft Guide. The course will most likely (river conditions dependent) take place on the Picton and Huon Rivers in Southern Tasmania. This will provide an ideal Grade 2/3 environment in which to hone raft guiding skills. By the end of […]
- Thank you Bunnings March 21, 2023Paddle Victoria would like to thank Bunnings Doncaster, Eltham and Waurn Ponds (Geelong) for donating much needed chairs, marquee’s, umbrellas and Hi Vis vest for our two National events this Easter. These items will be shared between Marathon and Polo disciplines. Marathon’s event the 2023 Oceania & Paddle Australia Canoe Marathon & SUP Championships will […]
- Canoe Polo Coaching Course – Monday 10th April 2023 March 16, 2023The Canoe Polo Coaching course will be held in Ballarat on Lake Wendouree on Monday 10th April after the Canoe Polo Nationals. Please register for the Coaching course at this link: Canoe Polo Coaching Course Price : $100 per person (PA Members) : $150 per person (Non PA Members) Prior to participating in the coaching […]
- Canoe Polo Nationals – Ballarat – Easter 2023 March 16, 2023The 2023 Paddle Australia Canoe Polo Championships will be held on Lake Wendouree in Ballarat, VIC from Friday 7th of April to Sunday 9th of April 2023. Please note: This is not a selection event for Oceania. Further information is available to view HERE. The process for entry to the competition is as follows: Team entries MUST be […]
- Vacant Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator February 20, 2023Paddle WA is looking for a new Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our office team. About the role Effectively and efficiently manage and improve Paddle […]
- Vacant Position: Administration Officer February 20, 2023Paddle WA is looking for a new Administration Officer to join our office team. About the role Effectively perform administrative duties to assist the Paddle WA office […]
- WA Update at Canoe Slalom Australian Open / Canoe Sprint Grand Prix #2 February 20, 2023It’s been a busy weekend of racing with Penrith hosting both the 2023 Canoe Slalom Australian Open and the 2023 Canoe Sprint Grand Prix #2 from […]
Kayak News Australia
- Victor Harbor Goolwa Sea Rescue Squadron warn 'don't go into rough seas if you don't have ... March 26, 2023Two kayaking fishermen have been rescued off Encounter Bay, after a freak ... Sea Rescue Squadron went out to retrieve their abandoned kayak and ...
- Kayaker reveals what may be secret to longevity - Sunshine Coast News March 26, 2023Joint celebration to mark major milestones for 'most active' kayak club ... secret to longevity could come down to keeping fit through kayaking.
- The 5 best Amazon deals you can get this Friday — save up to 50% - Yahoo News March 25, 2023Snag a bestselling inflatable kayak for half off, a massively popular TV for $90 and more great savings.