Hometown: Kariong (Central Coast), NSW
Club: Avoca Kayak Club
Coach(s): Shaun Caven, Paul Hutchinson/David Birt
- How did you get into paddling? When I was young I would learn to paddle slalom boat with my uncle; then when I was 14 paracanoe got into the Paralympics so he helped me get my first boat and I joined Avoca kayak club and went from there.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far? Qualifying for the Rio Paralympics in Duisburg by 0.001 of a second.
- What keeps you busy outside of Kayaking?What is your current Occupation and/or University degree? I’m currently first year studying an undergraduate bachelor of science majoring in psychology at the University of Newcastle.
- Who is the greatest Influence on your career? I’ve had a lot of coaches and training partners throughout my career who have helped me get to where I am today. I believe Curtis McGrath has had the biggest influence as we have been pushing each other for many year and maintaining a large amount of mutual respect.
- How would your best friend describe you? Average height, Slightly disabled, laidback, annoying, hopefully funny because I’m hilarious. Basically all the greatest qualities.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race? Not currently. I always stare down the lane before entering the gate to remind myself every race is the same no matter the circumstances.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on? From my experience, Szeged Hungary has a very well built course and fairly protected from wind.
- Previous National Teams: Senior paracanoe team 2015-Current, Rio 2016 Paralympic team.
4th (KL3 200) ICF Paracanoe Sprint World Championships (Szeged, HUN)
4th (K1 200) KL3 – ICF Paracanoe + Canoe Sprint World Cup (Poznan, POL)
5th (K1 200) KL3 – ICF Paracanoe World Championships (Montemor-o-Velho, POR)
3rd (K1 200) KL3 – ICF Paracanoe + Canoe Sprint World Cup (Szeged, HUN)
5th (K1 200) KL3 – ICF World Championships (Racice, CZE)
11th (K1 200) KL3 – ICF World Championships (Duisburg, GER)
15th (K1 200) KL3 – Paralympic Games (Rio, BRA)
17th (K1 200) KL3 – ICF World Championships (Milan, ITA)