National Team: U23
Coaches: Lawrence Fletcher, Luke Haniford
- How did you get into paddling?
I got into paddling through my dad and my brother at the surf club. I was always focused on football up until 16 and then had a sudden change of heart and decided to focus on paddling more.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
Coming into the sport late has been a big transition for me. My biggest accomplishment so far has been making the Under 23 National Team and winning 7 medals in Canada, at the Canadian Cup Regattas.
- What keeps you busy outside of paddling? What is your current occupation and/or university degree?
I started off with a carpentry apprenticeship for 2-3 years, and now I’ve transitioned into a plumbing apprenticeship which I have been doing for one and a half years.
- Who has been the greatest influence on your career?
The greatest influence on my career would be my family and friends.
- How would your best friend describe you?
I think my best friend would describe me as motivated and open minded to new ideas.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race?
Before a race I like to put my headphones on and visualise my race ahead. I don’t have pumping up music going, I have more mellow songs that will relax me and keep me focused.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
My favourite course in Australia is Champion Lakes in WA because it’s a fast course when the right breeze is working. I also liked Rideau Regatta Course because that’s where I got my PB for K1 1000m.