National Team: U23
Hometown: Adelaide (Glenelg)
Coach(s): Lawrence Fletcher, Luke Haniford
- How did you get into paddling? I got into paddling through my dad and my brother at the surf club. I was always focused on football up until 16 and then had a sudden change of heart and decided to focus on paddling more.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far? Coming into the sport late has been a big transition for me. My biggest accomplishment so far has been making the under 23’s national team and winning 7 medals in Canada, in the Canadian cup regatta’s
- What keeps you busy outside of Kayaking?What is your current Occupation and/or University degree? I started off with a carpentry apprenticeship for 2-3 years , and now transitioned into a plumbing apprenticeship which I have been doing for 1 and a half years.
- Who is the greatest Influence on your career? My greatest influence on my career would be my family and friends.
- How would your best friend describe you? I think my best friend would describe me as motivated and open minded to new ideas.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race? Before a race I like to put my headphones on and visualise my race ahead, I don’t have pumping up music going, I have more mellow songs that will relax me and keep me focused.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on? My favourite course in Australia is champion’s lake in WA because it’s a fast course when the right breeze is working. I also liked Rideau regatta course because that’s where I got my PB for K1 1000m.