National Team: Senior
Hometown: Perth, Western Australia
Current Place of Residence: Gold Coast, Queensland
Club: Indian Ocean Paddlers/ Bayswater Paddlesports
Coaches: Ramon Andersson & Anna Wood
Nickname: Jimmy/ Jimbo/ Rambo…. NOT Remora!
- How did you get into paddling?
Through Surf Life Saving.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
Breaking the Australian record in the K4 500 in Szeged at World Cup 1 and placing 2nd.
- What keeps you busy outside of paddling? What is your current occupation and/or university degree?
Qualifications: Bachelor in Engineering (Mining), Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary) & Certificate 3 & 4 in Fitness. I’m currently working as a relief teacher.
- Who has been the greatest Influence on your career?
Ramon Andersson. His passion for the sport is second-to-none, both throughout his athletic career (which has never stopped) and in his coaching.
- How would your best friend describe you?
Trevor thinks I’m great fun….Trevor is my dog! Whoof!
- Do you have any superstitions before a race?
Negative, ghost rider.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
Champion Lakes, Perth. Who doesn’t love a good tail wind!
- Previous National Teams:
Senior Team – 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018
7th (K4 500) ICF World Championships (Montemor, POR)
2nd (K4 500) ICF World Cup 1 (Szeged, HUN)
5th (K4 500) ICF World Cup 2 (Duisburg, GER)
8th (K2 1000) – ICF World Championships (Racice, CZE)
8th (K2 200) – ICF World Championships (Racice, CZE)
2nd (K2 200) – ICF World Cup 3 (Belgrade, SRB)
7th (K2 200) – ICF World Cup 1 (Montemor-o-Velho, POR)
9th (K4 500) – ICF World Cup 1 (Montemor-o-Velho, POR)
7th (K4 500) – ICF World Cup 2 (Duisburg, GER)
7th (K2 200) – ICF World Cup 2 (Duisburg, GER)
13th (K4 500) – ICF World Championships (Moscow, RUS)
7th (K4 500) – ICF World Cup 1 (Milan, ITA)
11th (K4 500) – ICF World Cup 3 (Szeged, HUN)