Are you gearing up for the 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships in Perth? Beyond the exhilarating race action, the city has an abundance of exciting experiences waiting for you. Here are the top five must-do activities to make your trip unforgettable:
- Explore the Fremantle Markets – Dive into a Century-Old Marketplace Adventure! Perth’s Fremantle Markets, operating for over a century, are a vibrant hub of activity. With more than 150 stalls, this is a weekend must for both locals and visitors. Whether you’re a market aficionado or a first-timer, there’s something for everyone, from quirky products to mouthwatering food options. After indulging in fried chicken, banh mi, souvlaki, and more, grab some fresh local produce and don’t forget to savour a hot Levi’s donut for the road.
- Visit Rottnest Island – A Paradise Just an Hour Away! Embark on a one-hour ferry ride from the mainland to reach Rottnest Island, an A-class nature reserve. Here, you can bask in the sun and meet the island’s cutest inhabitants – quokkas! These marsupials, native to Rottnest, are both curious and adorable. Be prepared for an up-close encounter, and approach with caution for that perfect selfie. And for the cinnamon scroll lovers, watch out at Rottnest Bakery; your treat won’t be safe from these furry critters.
- Picnic in Kings Park – An Oasis of Natural Beauty! Kings Park, one of the largest inner-city parks globally, is a sanctuary boasting uninterrupted views of Perth City. Immerse yourself in the breathtaking landscape showcasing native Western Australian flora and fauna. With cultivated gardens, untamed bushland, numerous walking trails, and lush green grass for picnics, this popular tourist spot is visited by millions each year. Plus, during the summer, enjoy pop-up movies at the Moonlight Cinema.
- Get Spooked on the Fremantle Prison Torchlight Tour – A Haunting Journey Back in Time Prepare for a spine-tingling adventure on the Fremantle Prison Torchlight Tour. This 90-minute after-dark guided tour explores the notorious convict jail that opened in the 1850s. Traverse the eerie prison grounds and relive stories of loneliness, pain, suffering, and the ghosts of convicts past. It’s a captivating and chilling journey through the pages of history.
- Sip Your Way Through the Swan Valley – A Culinary and Scenic Delight For wine, cheese, chocolate, and nature enthusiasts, the Swan Valley is a paradise. Just a 30-minute drive from Perth’s CBD, you can explore charming wineries, indulge in tastings, and enjoy the picturesque landscape. If you’re feeling adventurous, embark on one of the eight themed trails, from wine to art, seasonal produce, and even bush tucker experiences.
As you gear up for the 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships, make sure to add these thrilling adventures to your itinerary for a memorable trip to Perth!
Have you registered yet? The countdown is on! Enter the 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships HERE.