Has your club or association been doing great things to get through the last few months? Nominate them for the Play by the Rules Awards, with applications now open : https://playbytherules.net.au/pbtr-award
Started in 2017, the goal of the Play by the Rules Awards has been to recognise outstanding initiatives that contributed to safer, fairer and/or more inclusive sport.
2020 has presented new challenges for community sport because of the pandemic crises. The word ‘unprecedented’ has been used a lot in recent times. For good reason. Nobody could have predicted the situation community sport now faces because of COVID-19.
But community sport has responded magnificently well. Clubs have kept in touch during lockdown. Clubs and associations have developed new guidelines and policies to ensure members are safe. They’ve ‘pivoted’ and delivered programs online, helping people to stay active and keep a positive attitude. Community sport has ‘stepped up’, connected to the community and, in many ways, demonstrated more than ever, the value of sport in our lives.
If your club or association has done some great work to help get through this period of crises Play By The Rules would like to hear from you. There is still a long way to go. But it’s important to share our experiences. Your work could inspire others. It could be a model other clubs can use. Nobody has the single solution here but, collectively, we can learn from each other and come out of this crises in a better place.
Play By The Rules would like to recognise this and showcase the positive things community clubs and associations have done over the past few months with nominations for the Play by the Rules Award now open until 13th September 2020.
The winners of the Play by the Rules Award will be announced on 23rd September 2020.
While there can be only two winners, Play By The Rules will work with all nominations to showcase your work as an example of good practice through their case studies. Your case study will be promoted to our 130,000 subscribers and through social media, regardless of whether you are the eventual winner.
The awards are open to any state or local sport and/or recreation organisation.
There are two categories:
- Category 1: Local community sport and recreation clubs, and
- Category 2: State/territory sport and recreation associations or state umbrella bodies.
You can download the 2020 Play by the Rules Award nomination form here.
- Criteria for this award are:
- successful implementation of an initiative that helps your club or association navigate the pandemic crises; and/or
- successful implementation of an initiative that supports well-being and safety of people in sport during the pandemic, and/or
- successful implementation of an initiative that ensures, as far as possible, that your club/association remains connected to the community and that sport remains safe, fair and inclusive.
- some evaluation of the initiative undertaken demonstrating the overall outcome.
- The initiative must have commenced after July 2019.
- Details of your initiative.
- Nominations close at 5pm, 13th September 2018.
- Winners of both categories will be notified on 27th September 2019.
- Email your entry to: email@example.com.
- You can include images and video in your submission. If you have links to digital content such as videos or online articles, you may add the URLs into your responses. However, please note that they are not essential for your nomination.
- We will contact you after the Awards announcement to develop your case study. This is to confirm your agreement to have your work published on Play by the Rules and to clarify any information provided in your nomination form.
For more information head to: https://playbytherules.net.au/pbtr-award