Paddle Australia (PA) is pleased to announce we are seeking nominations for our first Stand Up Paddling (SUP) Technical Committee. The formation of this committee will allow PA to officially recognise SUP in our paddling community.
PA is seeking Expressions of Interest for members of the Paddle Australia SUP Technical Committee (PASUPTC).
Role of the PASUPTC
- Develop, promote and advocate for SUPs as a paddling discipline in Australia.
- Develop and establish Strategic Planning and Operation plans for SUP.
- Plan budgets for each financial year in conjunction with PA.
- Develop a SUP calendar of competitions.
- Provide recommendations on competition management for SUP
- Fulfilling requirements of the PASUPTC on National Team Selection.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for Australian SUP Teams.
‘Demonstrated Experience’ in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Experience and understanding of SUP competitions, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to provide recommendations on development and management of SUP as a discipline in Australia.
- Working with volunteers.
- Background and experience in community sport and participation.
- Communication including social media
Diversity of members is considered by the PA Board when appointing members to a Discipline Technical Committee. The diversity of gender, age, background, disability and ability and general experience is considered.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest should include a resume of no more than two pages and a letter of application outlining the skills and experience of the candidate:
- Relevant to the role of the PASUPTC: and
- In the areas outlined in the ‘Selection Criteria’ section, above.
Information should be sent by email to arrive prior to 5.00 pm (AEDT) on Friday 31st January 2020 and directed to the:
Sports Services and Events Coordinator