National Team: Junior
Club: Coaching Evolution
Coach: Cameron McMullan
- How did you get into paddling?
I first started paddling when my best friend, Bridget, was already paddling and she invited me to come along to a junior program at a local club in year 7. Later in year 8, I joined the school kayaking team and was with that team all through high school.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
My biggest accomplishment in kayaking is coming 9th in the Junior K2 at Marathon Worlds however in Sprint it would be making the Junior Women’s Team.
- What keeps you busy outside of paddling? What is your current occupation and/or university degree?
I graduated year 12 in 2017 and have deferred a course of Exercise Science/ Sports Business Management. This year I am working as a swim teacher, kayak coach, dog walker and babysitter.
- Who has been the greatest influence on your career?
The greatest influence on my career would primarily have to be my parents and close family as they have supported me through all my years of paddling. My coach, Kanga, would also be a massive influence as he always pushes me harder and is able to bring me up when I am down. Also, my friends and the squad I train with are always there to motivate, support and be kind to me.
- How would your best friend describe you?
My best friend would describe me as down to earth, loyal and calm but energetic.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race?
The night before I always have to clean my room and fully pack my bag and the day of the race I don’t really have any superstitions just go with what happens.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
I’ve really only paddled at the Adelaide and Penrith courses but Penrith would probably be my favourite.
- Previous National Teams:
2016/18 Junior Marathon Team, 2018 Junior Sprint Team.