National Team: Junior
Hometown: Sunshine Coast
Club: Kawana Waters Canoe Club
Coach: Shane Dalziel
- How did you get into paddling?
I started out kayaking to improve my ski-paddling when I was 16.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
My biggest accomplishment in kayaking would be making the U18 Junior Team last year (2017) and winning the K2 500 at Nationals in the same year.
- What keeps you busy outside of paddling?
I am currently in grade 12, which keeps me very busy. As well as managing this, I am heavily involved in surf life saving.
- Who has been the greatest influence on your career?
Lisa Carrington would without a doubt be my greatest influence. She manages to be humble and brilliant at the same time. On the world stage she is a stand out paddler, yet she comes from a little town in New Zealand and has climbed from the edge of the world of kayaking in New Zealand to the pinnacle.
- How would your best friend describe you?
The most superstitious person they have ever met.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race?
I have way too many to list. Although one very important one is that I have to have the right socks on before K2 with Mac!
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
- Previous National Teams: 2016 Olympic Hopes Team, 2017-2018 U18 Junior Worlds Team, 2018 Asia Pacific Team.