The Paddle Oz Program is designed to provide young people with an enjoyable introduction to paddling that encourages lifelong participation. Experiential learning through participation in games and activities is the focus of the programs.
These games and activities allow the participants to develop the essential skills and safety knowledge that underpin all future paddling pathways. Gaining knowledge of the different forms of paddling, making links to local clubs and understanding further development pathways is an important feature of the program.
- Enable more young people to try paddling and stay paddling
- Provide an enjoyable, sociable and safe introduction to paddling
- Use games and activities to support experiential learning
- Establish basic paddling skills and knowledge that support future paddling pathways
- Provide a progression through to specialised areas of paddling
- Develop an awareness of all aspects of paddling
- Provide links to clubs, Paddle Education and other paddling opportunities
- Assist clubs in developing young paddlers
- Allow flexibility in delivery according to venues and situations
- Increase the level of safe paddling practices in the community through educating young people