Paddle Australia (PA) is seeking nominations for our Discipline Technical Committees (DTC). PA have eight DTC, one for each of our Disciplines, Canoe Freestyle, Canoe Marathon, Canoe Ocean Racing, Canoe Polo, Canoe Slalom, Canoe Sprint, Canoe Stand Up Paddling, and Wildwater Canoeing.
PA is seeking Expressions of Interest for members of the Paddle Australia Discipline Technical Committee.
Role of the PA DTC
- Develop, promote and advocate for the discipline as a paddling discipline in Australia.
- Develop and establish Strategic Planning and Operation plans for the discipline.
- Plan budgets for each financial year in conjunction with PA.
- Develop a discipline calendar of competitions.
- Provide recommendations on competition management for the discipline.
- Fulfilling requirements of the PA DTC on National Team Selection.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for Australian Teams.
‘Demonstrated Experience’ in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Experience and understanding of the discipline competitions, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to provide recommendations on development and management of the discipline as a discipline in Australia.
- Availability to attend four meetings throughout the year (one face to face and three teleconferences), with the expectation for members to work through matters between meetings.
- Working with volunteers.
- Background and experience in community sport and participation.
- Communication including social media
Diversity of members is considered by the PA Board when appointing members to a DTC. The diversity of gender, age, background, disability and ability and general experience is considered.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest should include a resume of no more than two pages and a letter of application outlining the skills and experience of the candidate:
- Relevant to the role of the PA DTC: and
- In the areas outlined in the ‘Selection Criteria’ section, above.
Information should be sent by email to arrive prior to 5.00 pm (AEDT) on Friday 31st January 2020 and directed to the:
Sports Services and Events Coordinator