National Team: Junior
Club: Melbourne Canoe Club
Coach(s): Christian Fabrics, Warrick Draper
- How did you get into paddling?
My first time in boat was with scouts, but I only started slalom during year 7 in the Ivanhoe Grammar program. I joined MCC at the end of that year and began training more during 2015
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
Making the Australian Junior Team
- What keeps you busy outside of paddling?What is your current Occupation and/or University degree?
I’m High School student at Ivanhoe Grammar, and in my final year at the moment so not too much time for other hobbies outside of paddling
- Who is the greatest Influence on your career?
It’s hard to choose a single person but all of the Australian coaches and athletes have inspired me in one way or another, and many of the European paddlers (especially the Slovakian/Slovenian C1 men) have had a big impact on my technical career
- How would your best friend describe you?
Fun to be around and always down for a laugh
- Do you have any superstitions before a race?
I try to steer clear of them, but always like to do my stroke kinetics and visualisations
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
Brady’s in Tasmania