National Team: U23
Hometown: Daleys Point
Coach(s): Rob Armstrong/ Jake Michael
Nickname: Jem Jem
- How did you get into paddling?
I got into paddling through my family- they suggested that I should give it a go and see how I went at it.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
My biggest accomplishment in the sport so far would be getting selected in U18 Junior team to go to Worlds in my first year of racing and then coming 5th in the K1 1000m at Worlds that same year.
- What keeps you busy outside of Kayaking?What is your current Occupation and/or University degree?
Outside of training, I am at University full-time studying PDHPE and Maths teaching. I also work part-time as a Lifeguard.
- Who is the greatest Influence on your career?
The greatest influence on my career is my family as they help support and encourage me to keep striving to achieve my goals.
- How would your best friend describe you?
- Do you have any superstitions before a race?
Not really, I like getting on the water with plenty of time before my race though.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
- Previous National Teams:
Junior Worlds Team for World Championships in 2017 and U21 Team for Asia-Pacific Sprint Cup 2018