National Team: Junior
Club: West Lakes Canoe Club
Coach(s): Laurence Fletcher
- How did you get into paddling?
I got into paddling through the SASI talent identification program which was conducted within my school. After completing the three rounds of testing, I was selected for kayaking and began paddling in early 2016.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
Winning the K2 500 at Nationals in 2019 to gain automatic selection onto the Junior Worlds Team with Caitlin Webber.
- What keeps you busy outside of Kayaking?What is your current Occupation and/or University degree?
I am currently in Year 12 and so whenever I’m not at West Lakes or the gym, I spend most of my time doing homework or spending time with friends and family.
- Who is the greatest influence on your career?
My parents and coaches have always been there to support me in everything I do but my training partners are definitely the greatest influence on my career. Over the past few years, our little group of girls at West Lakes have pushed me to work harder and kept me inspired.
- How would your best friend describe you?
Determined, a mother hen and a bad singer
- Do you have any superstitions before a race?
So many but they’re dependent on if I have had a previous good race at the regatta. For instance, if I do really well in one race I’ll have to wear the same shorts, racing singlet and hat for the rest of the comp until I have a bad race and then I’ll change again.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
I’d have to say West Lakes but only on a good day.
- Previous National Teams:
2017 Olympic Hopes Team, 2018 Junior Development Squad European Tour