|Position Title:||Business Operations Manager|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Structured to attract high quality candidates|
|Location:||Sydney Olympic Park, NSW Australia. Other locations will be considered.|
|Closing Date:||25th September 2018|
ABOUT PADDLE AUSTRALIA
Paddle Australia (formerly Australian Canoeing) is the peak body for paddle sports in Australia. Paddle Australia represents and services a large and growing paddling community. This community includes people that paddle purely for fun, recreation and adventure, enjoying the health and well-being benefits that come from being on the water, as well as many that compete in the disciplines of Canoe Polo, Marathon, Slalom, Freestyle, Sprint, Ocean Racing and Wildwater. Having recently finalised our new vison and strategic plan, we are looking for a dedicated, hardworking individual to work within our small Executive Management Team, charged with delivering our agreed plan and change agenda.
You can find more information about Paddle Australia here – http://paddle.org.au/
This role will be responsible for the management and delivery of all organisation-wide services, supporting agreed business outcomes at a national and, where appropriate, state and local level. The Business Operations Manager will work closely with the CEO in establishing, managing and reporting against the strategic objectives of the organisation and more generally the sport and recreation of paddling in Australia.
In this role you will work with the National Performance Director, Sports Services Manager, Participation and Education Manager with staff reporting to you in the areas of Finance, IT and Marketing Communications. The BOM will be Deputy CEO and will act as CEO from time to time.
Finance, Governance & Management Structures
- Establishing structures and processes, including shared services, to ensure an appropriate level of compliance at national, state and local level;
- Developing, refining and review governance policies and a risk management framework that ensures best practice across all areas of the business and the sport and recreation of paddling; and
- Overseeing appropriate, efficient and integrated planning, budgeting and finance processes and reporting arrangements, supporting ‘best practice’ standards of governance.
- Supporting the promotion of paddling, reinforcing the position as both a successful competitive sport and a recreation offering fitness, well-being, fun and adventure to paddlers of all ages; and
- Developing and managing digital and other delivery systems that provide for the effective engagement with and delivery of services to the paddling community.
People & Stakeholder Management
- Developing programs and initiatives that recognise and reward the value and importance of the human capital that supports paddling, with specific attention to paid staff and volunteers at all levels;
- Building support for paddling through engagement with the broader paddling community and relationships with federal, state and local governments and organisations with aligned objectives and values; and
- Providing support to the CEO around the overall management of key stakeholder groups including the Australian Sports Commission, AIS, AOC, APC, SIS/SAS and Departments of Sports and Recreation as well and the Board, Committees, Panels and Advisory Groups of Paddle Australia.
To be successful you will need to:
- Increase recognition of paddling as a sport and recreation;
- Improve engagement with an increasing number of paddlers; and
- Recognise the successful role of Paddle Australia.
You will be expected to have:
- Experience in a similar role;
- Tertiary qualification in business management or similar;
- High level administration experience;
- Project management experience;
- Good working knowledge of the principles of compliance; and
- Knowledge of sport desirable but not essential
- Demonstrate good people and relationship building skills both internally and externally;
- Be able to express ideas and concepts clearly, effectively both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences;
- Show strong attention to detail; and
- Be a confident communicator, able to represent the organisation at the highest level.
- A competitive salary will be offered dependent on skills and experience.
- The role will be based at the Paddle Australia office at Sydney Olympic Park or an alternative location by negotiation. Some domestic travel will be required.
To have a confidential discussion, contact Paul Bruce from Left Field Sports Solutions on 0407 426 592.
If you would like to view a more detailed Position Description, please send your request to email@example.com
When submitting your application please include the following:
- A covering letter
- Your resume
- An indication of the remuneration you are expecting
Please submit your application via the following link –
Applications close at 5:00pm AEST on 25th September 2018.