|Position Title:||National Paracanoe Coach|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Structured to attract high quality candidates|
|Location:||National Center of Excellence, QLD, Australia|
|Contract Period:||Until November 30, 2020 (or to be negotiated)|
|Closing Date:||21st September 2018|
ABOUT PADDLE AUSTRALIA
Paddle Australia (PA) is the peak body for canoeing in Australia. It encompasses all the disciplines of the sport of canoeing: Canoe Polo, Canoe Marathon, Canoe Slalom, Freestyle, Canoe Sprint, Ocean Racing, Wildwater Racing and Recreation are all under the one umbrella of Paddle Australia. Funded by the Australian Sports Commission, Paddle Australia is charged with delivering multi medal outcomes at Olympic Games and World Championships.
You can find more information about Paddle Australia here – https://paddle.org.au/
To provide a high level of technical leadership and direction to the National Paracanoe athletes.
The position requires high performance coaching services to be delivered to identified world class and developing Paracanoe athletes with the goal of optimising performances of these athletes at international benchmark events: Paracanoe World Championships and Paralympic Games.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to – see Position Description):
- Providing technical leadership and direction to nationally identified Paracanoe athletes and their coaches with the goal of optimising performances of these athletes at international benchmark events.
- Providing technical direction for paracanoe talent identification initiatives to ensure we are targeting high potential paracanoe athletes.
- Working closely with the Paracanoe Program Manager in planning national paracanoe activities, camps and competitions.
- Undertaking administrative responsibilities including annual reports and detailed athlete progress reports.
- Providing advice and recommendations to selection panels regarding selection to squads and national teams.
- Providing athletes with excellent daily coaching services and technical direction to maximise their potential in the daily training environments and during domestic and international competitions.
- Working closely and effectively with the Paddle Australia Performance Support staff in terms of planning and programming both on-water and off-water training for Paracanoe athletes.
- Developing and maintaining a performance-based daily training environment and a culture of excellence.
- Leading and managing the effective integration of quality performance support services that have a measurable impact on athlete performances.
- Developing and implementing effective individual athlete performance plans (IPPs), including ongoing monitoring, and reporting against performance targets and goals utilising the Athlete Monitoring System (AMS).
Knowledge and experience:
- Excellent technical knowledge of the discipline of Sprint Canoe/Kayak and preferably, Paracanoe.
- A thorough understanding of coach and athlete development, based on experience in a broad range of sports science/medicine disciplines, coaching, research and innovation.
- Ability to devise and execute a long-term training and competition plan to guide the development of athletes for peak performance at benchmark events.
- Worked within high performance environments, developing potential emerging athletes into elite performers.
- Ability to work either as a part of a team or unsupervised, demonstrating initiative and drive.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Stakeholder management and engagement across state and national programs.
- Coach accreditation.
- An ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally
- Be passionate and results driven
- Be a strong influencer
- Drive execution
- Be a clear communicator
- Take initiative
- Be continuously learning
- Have self-discipline
- Have honesty/integrity
- Have courage/ persistence
- Have clarity of thinking
- Be a team player
- Have strong ambition for athletes
- Be competitive/driven
- Have self-belief
- Have ingenuity
- Be innovative, creative and open-minded
- Build relationships easily
Please contact the National Performance Director, Shaun Stephens: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Please submit your application to: Shaun Stephens by email on email@example.com by 5pm 21st September.