Hometown: Sunshine Coast
Current place of residence: Gold Coast
Club: Kawana Waters Canoe Club
Coach(s): Shane Dalziel, Anna Wood
- How did you get into paddling? I took up kayaking after my surf club coach at the time suggested to try kayaking to get ready to transition onto ski. Also, my brother was kayaking and was beginning to make Aussie teams and getting to go to Europe and I was quite jealous so decided to work towards making my first team so I could go overseas.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far? Winning the B Final in the K4 at last years (2017) Junior Worlds in Romania.
- What keeps you busy outside of Kayaking?What is your current Occupation and/or University degree? Deliberately going for a run at Burleigh/North Burleigh to go dog spotting, because mum and dad won’t allow a dog for the Gold Coast house. I started with a Bachelor of Science and only lasted a trimester before realising that it wasn’t for me and have just moved into a Bachelor of Business majoring in Sports Management.
- Who is the greatest Influence on your career? Would have to be my coach Shane. Shane has been my coach since I was 12 and has always supported me throughout both Surf Life Saving and Kayaking. He is the reason I am still paddling today, he’s always supported me throughout coming back from injury’s and managing to keep me in a good mental place and motivated to get back to a top level.
- How would your best friend describe you? Never replies to texts because she’s having a morning/brunch/lunch/afternoon/pre-dinner time nap.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race? Only to make sure that Tiarnee has the correct socks on before the K2 and must listen to Cold Chisel before getting on the water.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on? Lake Kawana, nothing like the home stomping ground.
- Previous National Teams: 2017 – Junior Worlds, 2015/16 – Olympic Hopes