National Team: Junior
Hometown: Freshwater Northern Beaches NSW
Club: Sydney Northern Beaches Kayak Club
Coaches: Christine Duff and Jake Michael
Nicknames: Kails and Kay
- How did you get into paddling? Mum and I found an advertisement in the Manly Daily January 2017 talking about a training/performance clinic at Narrabeen Academy of Sport for kayaking for those who might be interested in trying the sport out.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far? Winning all the U18 girls selection based events at the Australian National Championships this year in my rookie year.
- What keeps you busy outside of kayaking? In my spare time, I really enjoy being active in any way possible. Either at the beach and at my surf live saving club, or playing soccer with my rep NPL 1 team or trying to complete school work. I’m currently in year 11 at Mackellar Girls Campus.
- Who is the greatest influence on your career? Sally Fitzgibbons, Jo-Bridgen Jones and Lisa Carrington.
- How would your best friend describe you? Funny, outgoing, caring, responsible, focused and very competitive.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race? I like to sing in my head, usually to Imagine Dragons “Thunder” whenever I’m on the start line.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on? Penrith
- Previous National Teams: Asia –Pacific Junior Team 2018, Junior World Championships 2018