National Team: Junior
Hometown: Freshwater Northern Beaches NSW
Club: Sydney Northern Beaches Kayak Club
Coaches: Jake Michael, Daniel Tilley & Christine Duff
Nicknames: Kails and Kay
- How did you get into paddling?
Mum and I found an advertisement in the Manly Daily in January 2017 talking about a training/performance clinic at Narrabeen Academy of Sport for kayaking for those who might be interested in trying the sport out.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
Placing 6th in the K1 500m A-final at the my first international regatta.Making the open A-final in the K1 500m at the 2019 National Championships.
- What keeps you busy outside of paddling?
Staying active, hanging with friends and completing year 12 at high school.
- Who is the greatest influence on your career?
Sally Fitzgibbons, Jo-Brigden Jones and Lisa Carrington.
- How would your best friend describe you?
Funny, outgoing, caring, responsible, focused and very competitive.
- Do you have any superstitions before a race?
I like to sing in my head, usually to Imagine Dragons “Thunder” whenever I’m on the start line.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
- Previous National Teams: Asia-Pacific Junior Team 2018, Junior World Championships 2018.