Australian Canoeing, soon to become Paddle Australia, is in the process of developing a new Strategic Plan.
We are seeking to secure as much expert, relevant input into this plan as possible, as well as providing everyone with a full understanding of where we are heading and why. Consultation meetings are currently taking place in each state, with invitations issued by the various State Associations of Australian Canoeing.
As part of the consultation process, we have developed a Consultation Draft. The seven areas that are addressed in the draft are:
- Developing a network that seamlessly connects and delivers services to the entire paddling community.
- Creating a genuine and authentic role for Paddle Australia in the lives of our participants.
- Reflecting a positive, shared brand, culture and values that make everyone want to be ‘a part of paddling’.
- Building a sustainable structure that maximises the prospects of success of paddling in Australia.
- Providing opportunities for all those wanting to join us, whatever their age, background or ability.
- Promoting and supporting pathways for those seeking to be the best they can be in their chosen area.
- Developing our competitions into events that demand attention and involvement.
We encourage all members of the paddling community to read through the draft and welcome feedback based on the questions raised for each of the seven areas. Feedback can be emailed to email@example.com.
The Strategic Plan that results from this process will point to a significant re-positioning of paddling in Australia, both as a sport and recreation. The Plan will outline where we are going, what we need to do to get there and, most importantly, who will do what!
Your perspectives will help us shape our future.
– Phil Jones, CEO.