National Team: U23
Hometown: Collaroy Plateau
Club: Salty Paddlers
Coach: Nick Dawe
- How did you get into paddling?
I originally got into kayaking to get a head start with ski paddling and got the feel for paddling and loved it. I have stuck with it ever since
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far?
Winning the U23 K1 200m and being selected on the U23 team in 2018
- What keeps you busy outside of paddling? What is your current occupation and/or university degree?
I’m currently studying joinery and working in a woodworking workshop doing bespoke joinery. Outside of that, I always try to get a surf in.
- Who has been the greatest influence on your career?
The greatest influence would be my training squad seeing the hard work they all put in. Nick Dawe has also been a big influence in my career
- How would your best friend describe you?
A go-getter and spontaneous.
- What is your favourite course to paddle on?
Perth, because when that tail wind gets going, that’s when the PBs come. Who doesn’t like a PB?!
- Previous National Teams:
Olympic Hopes Team (2015), Junior Australian Sprint Team (2016 & 2017), U21 Asia Pacific Sprint Team (2018), U23 Australian Sprint Team (2018)
Asia Pacific Sprint Cup
Gold (U21 K2 500) – Asia Pacific Sprint Cup (Adelaide, AUS)
Gold (U21 K4 500) – Asia Pacific Sprint Cup (Adelaide, AUS)
Gold (U21 K1 200) – Asia Pacific Sprint Cup (Adelaide, AUS)
Gold (U21 K4 200) – Asia Pacific Sprint Cup (Adelaide, AUS)
Gold (Mixed All Age Relay 200) – Asia Pacific Sprint Cup (Adelaide, AUS)
15th (K1 200) – ICF Junior World Championships (Pitesti, ROU)
26th (K1 200) – ICF Junior World Championships (Minsk, ROU)