National Team: U23
Hometown: Grew up in Fremantle, WA – now lives in Hobart, TAS
Institute/Academy: Tasmanian Institute of Sport
Club: Derwent Canoe Club / Swan Canoe Club
Coaches: Myriam Fox
Education / Occupation: Studying Marine and Antarctic science at UTAS, and working as a sea kayak guide and at an after school care centre
Age you started paddling: 11 (2009)
- How did you get into paddling? My sister and friend went to a come and try day and then started classes so I did too
- Does anyone in your family have a paddling background? I come from a very outdoorsy/sporty family. My sister used to paddle and was on the junior team, my brother also used to paddle but now he spends more time on a bike, and my youngest brother still paddles a little bit. Apparently my dad used to take me on the surfski with him when I was a baby!
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far? U23 worlds in Krakow last year where I came 20th, and also got a bronze medal in the teams race with Kate and Noemie.
- What keeps you busy outside of paddling? Uni, working, sometimes playing rugby 7s.
- Who is the greatest influence on your career? Zlatan Imbrahimbegovic.
- Who inspires you? Cas and Jonsey, two Aussie adventurers.
- How would your best friend describe you? Crazy.
- What scares you the most? Skeletons.
- Do you have any superstitions before you race? I’m not a very superstitious person.
- On your day off…. The beach! Snorkelling, bushwalking, hanging out with friends, or just relaxing at home and getting creative and crafty, and skiing if its possible!
- Favourite place to paddle? Lurea, Tacen, Ivrea, Penrith and Bradys.
- Favourite holiday destination? Ningaloo Reef.
- Favourite song to paddle / train to? Don’t really train with music but my favourite pre race songs are Don’t stop me now by Queen and Hakuna Matata.
- Fun fact about you? My favourite seaweed is bull kelp
- Previous national teams: 2015 Junior team, 2018 – 2019 U23 team
20th C1 – ICF U23 Canoe Slalom World Championships, Krakow, POL
3rd C1 Team – ICF U23 Canoe Slalom World Championships, Krakow, POL
22nd C1 – ICF U23 World Championships (Ivrea, ITA)
10th C1 Teams – ICF U23 World Championships (Ivrea, ITA)
9th C1 – Oceania Championships (Penrith, NSW)
46th K1 – Oceania Championships (Penrith, NSW)
22nd C1 – ICF Junior World Championships (Foz do Iguassu, BRA)