National Team: U23
Hometown: Gold Coast, Queensland
Club: Currumbin Creek
Coach: Jimmy Owens
- At what age did you start paddling and how did you become involved in the sport?
I started paddling when I was 15 years old. It was to help with my surf ski paddling but after paddling kayaks, I began to enjoy it more and more.
- What has inspired you to train and compete at an international level?
To hopefully one day make it to the Olympics.
- What is your preference – individual boats or team boats, and why?
I like paddling K1, K2 and K4. I like paddling K1 to see how fast I can go down the course. For K2 and K4 it’s a little different, you have to work with the team otherwise your team boat that you are in will not reach its full potential.
- Tell us about your current schedule. Describe your average day?
My average day would be wake up at 5:30 am go kayaking then head to the gym after that, off to work, then in the afternoon back paddling.
- What do you do for fun and relaxation?
I either go for a surf with my mates or I’m on my jet ski.
- What is your favourite thing about the sport?
Going overseas training with all your mates and then racing for Australia.
4th (K4 1000) – ICF U23 World Championships (Montemor-O-Velho, POR)
6th (K4 1000) – ICF U23 World Championships (Szeged, HUN)
5th (K4 1000) – ICF Junior World Championships (Niagara, CAN)